1) Understand, in general, requirements for a person to be listed as an author of a publication.
2) Reflect on and discuss what the publication strategy will be for the research project, including criteria for authorship.
3) Ensure you are aware of the authorship practices within your own discipline and any guidelines set by the journals in which you hope to publish.
4) Discuss authorship throughout the project, especially prior to work being prepared or submitted for publication. Agree on authorship and attribution for each publication.
Resources / web links
Publication and authorship - University guidance
Open Access at Oxford – guidance for researchers
Plagiarism – what constitutes plagiarism and how to avoid unintentional plagiarism
Bodleian Iskills courses:
1) Open Access Oxford: What’s happening? (monthly dates)
2) Open Access: Authors, copyright and open access – making it work for you
3) Open Access: Your thesis, copyright, and ORA