The Divisional Introduction to Learning and Teaching is an interactive and discursive 3-part course to prepare for teaching in Oxford. You do not need to be teaching in the term you take this course. Participants must attend all three sessions to receive an attendance certificate.
Completing an introductory teaching course in Oxford is the minimum requirement for entry onto a graduate teaching register; attendees are advised that departments may require attendance at their own in-house PLTO before allowing entry onto their teaching register; in case of doubt, please check with the relevant department.
• be aware of how our background and experiences may inform teaching and learning
• recognise how to lay foundations for inclusive teaching
• understand the purpose and place of tutorials / seminars / lectures in Oxford taught undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
• have initial strategies to support efficient and effective preparation for teaching
• network with other divisional researchers interested in beginning, or developing, their teaching practice while in Oxford
You should only sign up if you are able to attend all 3 sessions.
Part 1 – 8 Feb, 10:30 – 12:00
Part 2 – 22 Feb, 10:30 – 12:00
Part 3 – 8 Mar, 10:30 – 12:00