Research-Who can help me

I need help with research grant bids

For help with bids for research grants and fellowships applications, including resourcing, your first port of call is your departmental research facilitator

For help with collaborative, multi-partner, and interdisciplinary research bids, discuss this first with your department research faciltator. You may then receive support from the division through our senior divisional research facilitator.

For help with early career fellowships and John Fell Fund speak to our divisional research facilitator.


I'm looking for funding

Look at our pages on funding which include information on internal and external funds, and email alerts you can sign-up to. 

If you have a detailed query about the University's internal research fund, the John Fell Fund, contact

I need help with REF

For information and advice on Research Excellence Framework 2021,  please contact your departmental research facilitators. They may then refer you to the divisional RIE team.

I want to engagement with non-academic partners and make an impact

The impact team and support with your public engagement with research, policy engagement, business engagement and partnerships, and innovation. Please contact us on if you are unsure who best to speak to and we will get you to the right person for your requirements.

Senior Research Impact Facilitator, Aileen Marshall-Brown leads the team and is responsible for leading our support for engagement and impact, incentivising activity through funding, building capacity and developing a positive culture for this activity within the division. 

For support and advice on research impact and engagement, contact the Research Impact Facilitator paired with your department. They can provide technical expertise and actively assist you to undertake and record impact, maximise its reach and significance. 

Our Research Impact Facilitators are

If you are looking for funding opportunities for research impact and knowledge exchange activities, you should consider the ESRC Impact Acceleration Account at Oxford. Contact Becky Launchberry our ESRC IAA Manager for more details.

We also have support for research, impact and engagement communications from Liz Crawford.


I want to work with policy makers

If you need specialist advice on how to engage with policy makers and influencers with your research, be they in local or national government, supra-national organisations, think tanks, or NGOs, please contact William Pryor