About the training
If you are a social science PhD student or ECR interested in exploring what the world of research or management consulting looks like and how to make a start as a consultant, this online training session is for you. This participative workshop will help you to identify and develop key consultancy skills, practical approaches to developing client relationships, and go over common issues.
- Learn what prospective clients look for in a consultant
- Learn what do the client-consultant relationships look like
- Go beyond technical skills and expert knowledge: explore essential skills for consultancy - communication, flexibility and collaboration
- Identify ways of ‘adding value’ using glucardTM tool
- Build relationships for ‘upselling’, repeat business and recommendations using glucardTM tool
- Workshop ways to overcome common issues in consultancy
Online via Zoom.
Option 1: 25 February, 10.00am-12.15pm (2-hour interactive workshop)
Option 2: 25 February, 1.45pm-4.00pm (2-hour interactive workshop)
Please indicate which time slot might work better for you in the registration form. We will aim to accommodate preferences should you be allocated a place on the training.
How to register
Please note that registering your interest does not guarantee you a place. Places for this course are limited and each institution will allocate places on competitive basis if demand exceeds availability. You will be notified whether you were allocated a place by 22 February 2021.
This event is open only to current Social Sciences PhD students and ECRs from Brunel University London, Open University, Oxford Brookes University, University of Reading and University of Oxford.
Register your interest