The University of Oxford's world-leading social scientists are interested in collaborating with businesses to drive innovation and solve complex economic, environmental and societal challenges. By applying academic expertise to business data, researcher-industry partnerships generate valuable new insights that drive mutually-beneficial ideas.
The Business Engagement and Partnerships Team ensure that collaborations are built on shared objectives and clearly defined roles and responsibilities. We understand emerging funding landscapes that can support collborative approaches to research and knowledge exchange.
We can work with you to full understand your research needs, identify challenge-areas of mutual interest, and explore the valuable opportunities presented by collaboration with social scientists. We can liaise with relevant departments and contacts to tailor bespoke, multi-disciplinary project proposals that match the University's research strengths to your company's needs, and assist in creating contracts for collaboration.
Our team also supports academics in reaching out to industry to share valuable insights from their ground-breaking research, and in approaching businesses to discuss collaborative research and development projects.
Partnering with our world-leading social scientists can take many forms, including:
- Contracting a subject expert as a consultant to a specified project
- Engaging in transformational learning to drive business success with the Saïd Business School
- Accessing industry-ready ideas through our licensing and ventures team
- Recruiting outstanding research talent through our DPhil placements and careers services teams
- Transforming future research areas by funding a DPhil student, research positions, or a research centre
- Hosting a Social Sciences DPhil student